It’s hard to know where to begin. I guess here is as good of a place as
any. After having written my last novel
(the 3rd one I’ve written, 1st to be published), the task
done, all the I’s dotted and T’s crossed, I breathed an uneasy sigh of
relief. For any of you other writers out
there, you may know what I’m talking about.
When you’ve been engaged in a long project and that project is finally
finished, there is relief, followed by the unease of the silence, and ringing
in the silence is the question: What am
I going to work on now? It’s what I
imagine what being a parent is like.
The thing I’ve learned over the course of the last 7 years
when I decided to pursue this writing thing a little more seriously, mostly
through experience, trial and error,
(and a little illumination from the Holy Spirit once I got over my initial
stubbornness), anyways, what I’ve learned is that I can’t force it. And for anyone out there who has any type of creative
impulse (we are one with the Creator, so you’ve got one in there somewhere even
if you think not, trust me) the best advice I could give you is to not force
your work. What that looks like for each
and every person is different. But what
I’m getting to, in a rather wordy manner, is that since the completion of my
book, I’ve kind of been drifting and unsure about what task I should engage in
next.
Several things have been stirring in my spirit as
always. Easily I could jump on one and
begin to delve into a certain a subject, but over the course of the last six
months, every time I’ve sat down to work on something I’ve felt a check in the
flow. I would write a sentence or two,
then all of the sudden, it would feel like work. Which is another word of advice I would like
to give to anyone who may happen to read this:
If whatever you’re doing feels like work, you probably should be doing
something else. When it comes to looking
for a career if you feel directionless, or unsure of what you’re “called” to
do, as is the popular Christianese term, look to what you enjoy. If you do something out of enjoyment, whether
or not you get paid, more often than not this is probably what you’re called
to. You don’t have to receive 813
prophetic dreams about it. The “knowing”
that’s referenced throughout the New Testament, John 8:32 for example, in the
Hebraic sense means having a “yadda” encounter, which is most closely related
to knowing in the way a man knows his wife.
If you are “yadda”(ing) with truth, or are one with, then the substance,
the revelation of your calling will make itself available. The reality is that your calling probably has
been smacking you upside the head the whole time and yelling in your face, it’s
just you’ve been too brainwashed through Western Logic and Reasoning, those
poisoned thinking systems propagandized through the American Public Fool
(School) System, that you haven’t been able to hear it. That’s okay.
Your ears have been opened, so hear.
It’s pretty simple though, and something Silas and I say a lot, “If
there isn’t any wind on it, we’re not gonna do it” (See John 3:8). Meaning if whatever it is we may be doing
feels contrary to what the spirit is doing in us, even if the thing we are
doing seems to make sense in our own minds, maybe we should give up what we’re
doing in that moment, and stop to listen.
In Proverbs 3:5, we are encouraged to, “lean not on our own
understanding”. This is not a one-time
event, but a continual letting go.
You can comment below to get the discussion going.
For more sensitive matters you can contact me at mmonk23@gmail.com
Also check out our website www.ekstasisministries.org/
I love you,
Matt
No comments:
Post a Comment