DONATE

Thursday, January 2, 2014

It's 2014! Now Show Me Your Pudding Face



It's 2014!  Now Show Me Your Pudding Face





     When talk of the New Year approaches and everybody puts those resolutions on the list, and now with the rise of social media, those resolutions are on public display for the most part, inevitably I feel the temptation to rant about the absurdity of it all.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m a goal man.  (Not to be confused with a goalie or Umbabarauma, homen gol, from the classic Jorge Ben jam.)  I’m not goal oriented, but I’m a goal man in the sense that I like to dream, let God, let the world speak into the dream, put a plan into action and then ride the wave as it all comes together.  It’s awesome.  But for me, to put a time limit on something, seems a bit absurd.  Usually I would go on a metaphysical rant right now that maybe 1 ½ people would read, but I’ll stop.  I’m not going to argue about the function or shape of time and the texturing of reality ad infinitum etc etc etc...Chlorophyll, more like borophyll!  A calendar, as arbitrary of a man-made structure as it could seem, still finds use in motivating people towards objectives at the start of what we term a new year.
      All metaphysics aside:  Everyone is pumped that it’s 2014.  So many dreams and desires are getting put down into everyone’s though waves.  Let’s execute and see them manifest!  Manifest destiny!  Let’s no longer let the former term be a black dot in the history of ‘Merica. 
     I’ll give it a whirl myself.  Although many of my goals/plans/dreams/visions have been in process since before the new year dawned, it’s a good refresher and quite an encouragement for me to revisit them and see what everyone else is GOING TO ACCOMPLISH.  Go ahead.  Hold that thing you want to do in front of you in your mind.  Think about it.  What it feels like, smells like, tastes like, etc.  It is yours.  It is already yours!  Go get it. 
     As we say, the proof is in the pudding.  So let’s check ourselves before we wreck ourselves.  We have a ton of recipes on how to make the pudding, so let’s start making some pudding!  I want pudding and I want it now.  Also, you don’t get better at making pudding unless you get your butt in the kitchen and start mixing up a storm.  Bring on the pudding baby!  You can make that your slogan if you want, just be sure to send your seed money to me.  (Send me $2000 and I'll put some of my beard hair in an envelope, pray over it and send it to you.  It will help you achieve the breakthrough you're looking for.) 
     All in all, I’m pumped about life.  My life is awesome.  But I’m also pumped about your life because you know what?...if you can create and accomplish your dreams that makes it so much easier for me to accomplish mine because...we are actually one in this together and I can’t fully be me if you aren’t fully being you.  That’s some pudding for thought right there. 
So here are a few things on my list for this “year”:
1.      All things dad.  My little girl, Olive, will be popping out of the womb in a couple of months.  I’ve already learned so much through being with her in-utero.  I can’t wait to party with her and have her teach me things once she comes out.  I’m pumped to be a Dad and to go about all of my activities in Dadding and Dadliness. 
2.      I’m going to run a ton.  Long term, I’m aiming for a 100 mile race in 2015.  Why?  I have a couple of screws loose.  But really such a commitment of focus forces a lifestyle change.  (There will be future posts about my journey in health and wellness)  Although, I’m good about keeping up with my physical regimen, in order to reach my peak goals, my diet needs to change dramatically.  To have my family alongside me is another plus as we go on the journey together.  After having spent so much time in the hospital the past year, health is a priority not only for myself but for my family.  This is a way for me to set an example and also have some fun while doing it.
3.      Be an awesome husband.  As all you married folks will tell you there’s always improvement to be made in this area.  I want us to continue dreaming together as a family and really put into motion these dreams.  It’s great fun, but all in all it comes back down to spending time to one another and being completely open and vulnerable (which for the males of this species is hard to do sometimes)
4.      Creative stuff that I’m not at liberty to discuss.  Let’s just say that there’s a lot on the docket and I don’t know what’s going to happen, but I’m excited about it.
5.      There’s always more.  As a habit I don’t like to put a time limit or deadline on things.   I go where my interest takes me.  I look for the sweet spot and stay there as long as I can.   

     May your joy be full this merry year.  Have fun.  Laugh at yourself.  Make some pudding and swim around in it. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment