DONATE

Monday, January 28, 2013

Hot, Sexy, Money.



                Today we are going to talk about the most controversial subject in the world.  Wait...?...what is that?  Duh.  It’s hot, sexy, MONEY!  Why would I say that this is the most controversial subject in the world?  Because this is the very basis over which all of our wars are being fought.  Money is also the leading cause of stress and anxiety, which eventually shut down the immune system and rack your body with all kinds of sickness and disease.  All for what?  Some theoretical pieces of paper issued by a “bank” that requires your trust that the currency issued actually has any worth.   I’m not trying to start a “down with the system” rebellion.  In fact to start a rebellion would be to acknowledge that I wasn’t free and there was something to fight against, thus if I am fighting, I’m acknowledging that something other than God himself is ruling over me.  Money=War.  Bottom line.  For a little more grounding on how the monetary system works, I would suggest perusing a couple of articles I wrote in the past.  Although reading these is not essential to understanding what I want to focus on today, I do think they will bless you in demonstrating further how absolutely free you are from debt.  http://beardsloveandhappiness.blogspot.com/2012/11/war-and-mans-honour.html  http://beardsloveandhappiness.blogspot.com/2012/11/normal-0-false-false-false-en-gb-x-none.html
I’m usually not one to promote my own work.  But in the context of what I’m writing about, and a lot of what readers have said they’re interested in and have more questions about, I feel these three articles will really bless you and give you some grounding into doing your own research, and also, for the sake of this post and future posts, make it to where I don’t have to constantly re-explain things. 
                Before I say anything more about money, I want to make one blanket statement, and I’m probably going to repeat it several times throughout the article because I really want this to sink in:  THE TRUE VALUE AND WEALTH OF ALL THINGS HAS ALWAYS BEEN PEOPLE THEMSELVES. 
                So if true value and worth is and always has been in the people, the true reward is people, then why all of the struggle for $?  Because there is still an overwhelming sin-consciousness that pervades the operation of the world system that does not align with the principles of The Kingdom of God.  In this sense, we see that there are two operative realms at work and thus two different sets of laws.  Yes, there are laws in the Kingdom!  This is the law of perfect liberty that James urges us to stare into in order to see the face of our birth (James 1:23-25).  Kingdom laws and principles are always based upon right relationship and the unequivocal, eternal fact that you are free!  The laws of the world are still drenched in sin consciousness and an idea of separation.  In this realm, all aren’t free, thus debts are owed and must be paid in order to balance out accounts.  This is why you get calls from creditors, or arrested by the police, or why a nation with a vast army will invade and occupy another country.  All of the world system is based on the idea that something is owed to someone else.  This can be traced all the way back to the Garden of Eden and the fall of man.  Once man became aware of a distance or an interruption in his union with God, he now, through the work of his own hands, had to try to do something to cover up or atone for the distance.   This is why it is so imperative and multilayered when Jesus says, “who the Son sets free is free indeed,” in John 8:36.  He is not merely stating that we are free (which is a big deal, btw) but he is also revealing a very important aspect of the operation of the kingdom.  The realm from whence you were born, your point of origin in the bosom of the Father, is a place whose very foundation is freedom.  This is in stark contrast to the operation of the world system.  Our duty as sons and daughters of the king is to understand the laws and mandates of Heaven, and execute these on the earth. 
                To open this up a bit, I would like to define some terms.   When I say the world or the world system, I’m not talking about the earth.  What I’m referring to is the ego, the intellect, or anything that forms its foundation upon a temporary reality.  It is essential to begin getting revelation on this in order for the Holy Spirit to disciple your mind.  In Galatians 5:17-22, Paul addresses this very concept, and often it is misapplied among the body of Christ.  Paul relates that the flesh wars against the spirit and the spirit against the flesh.  The flesh here is not referring to the physical body, but instead refers to a realm of temporary existence where things have an expiration date.  Paul is illuminating how this mindset automatically sets itself against an eternal mindset and how the two contradict one another.  The Spirit, on the other hand, is eternal and will repeatedly offend the fleshly mentality until the flesh/the world/the intellect/the temporary mindset is completely and consciously subject to The Spirit, which proceeds straight from the throne room of heaven.  In this realm there are different laws and principles at work, most of which contradict what the world tells the darkened mind is “common sense.”    
                    So how does this apply to money?  $$$$$$$  Simple.  There is no money in the Kingdom of Heaven.  If this is our point of origin, our place of birth, and there is no money, then why are we worrying about money?  Remember:  THE TRUE VALUE AND WEALTH OF ALL THINGS HAS ALWAYS BEEN PEOPLE THEMSELVES.   Fun fact about our current monetary system, any country that is plugged into the Federal Reserve banks, being that there is no collateral to back up the “money” the banks are printing, these countries have literally pledged their people as the collateral, or the substance that gives the money any value.  Think about that the next time you get a paycheck.  Those numbers that get funnelled into your account are actually guaranteed secured and given every ounce of their value by you.  It’s quite ironic is it not?  That even in a system that equates value by theoretical numbers, formulas and derivatives, all spinning in a cycle of debt-consciousness, even by the world system’s own admission, you are ultimately the one that holds all the power and creates all the value.  In a word, the system cannot operate or function without you, period.  Pardon my Spanish, but I think this is powerful stuff.
                From a ministerial point of view then, what is all the fuss about money?   If there is no money in the kingdom, then why are we always asking for offerings, etc. etc.?  Simply put, the entire world has not stepped into agreement with the laws of the kingdom.  For many of us, we grew up in the generation of televangelism, where many rather corrupt spiritual leaders lived in opulence while their followers and the communities around them were struggling to make ends meet.  While much of this has been used as propaganda to make Christian culture appear as a bunch of money-grubbing super right wing white collar bigots, those of us who know better still get suspicious when a preacher or evangelist asks for money.  What is the big deal with taking up an offering, and why so often do we hesitate to throw in a few dollars?  After all, the money isn’t “real”, right?  So what gives?  If we are supposed to be the most generous and care-free people on the planet, why, the second someone asks for a few bucks (whether they need it or not) do we shut down and react like they’re trying to take something from us? 
                Poverty is a mindset and has absolutely diddly squat to do with how much is in your bank account.
                We know that according to the new covenant it is no longer required for us to tithe.  Every rule and regulation that had Israel and consequently the rest of mankind at odds with God has been erased (Col. 2:14).  You see, as per the Jewish requirement to tithe (10% of annual income roughly), God secured, through a regulation, provision for generation upon generation throughout the nation of Israel.  Even today more than 80% of all people that are employed by the world bank system are of Jewish decent.  If you study the history out, this is a direct result of the tithing system set in place long ago in the days of Moses.  In the new covenant, our requirement to tithe has been abolished.  You don’t have to give one red cent to any minister or church or other person if you don’t want to.  But the freedom, the absolute sloppy drunken freedom is that now you GET to give everything away without a requirement or penalty.  Unfortunately, because of corruption among the body sovereign, many who name themselves among the body of Christ have trouble with the question of money.  How much do I give?  Do I give at all?  In the past two years, in my own experience, the amount at which the general population of Christians is sowing financially has completely dropped off.  I find it hard to grant that the body of Christ as a whole has gained real wisdom in handling both finances and their freedom (see Galatians 5:13), when more and more ministers, evangelists and churches as are struggling financially.  As Paul named it in I Corinthians, "Don't muzzle the ox."  If these guys are out there in the fields, treading the grain, give them a little something to eat.  Certainly, many large ministries, and the way ministry has been typically perceived, generally carries a lot of dead financial burdens.  Personally, I think doing more home meetings, or meeting in public places are great venues that lower the massive overhead costs of renting or owning a ginormous building.  But 20 years ago, financing the church wasn’t a problem.  What happened?  Or what is happening?  Simply put, the body isn’t putting their money where their mouth is.  Bottom Line.  IF THERE IS A NEED TO BE MET AND YOU HAVE THE MEANS TO MEET THAT NEED, THEN MEET THE NEED!  It’s simple.  You are supporting your own body.  Yet many of us will go to meetings, or be truly blessed by someone who professes to be a full-time evangelist and we won’t even throw a dollar their direction.  In the meantime, we go to the store, buy a t-shirt and pay 8.25% sales tax on the item, which in reality, the sales tax we have just willingly paid, was a tithe into the world banking system!  Why will we shun the minister with our “freedom” and say, “I don’t have to give you money, bro.  I’m not under the law,” but yet submit ourselves willingly to tithing into a different kingdom?  I’m not throwing punches at any one group in particular here.  Think if we matched a sales tax percentage towards a charitable donation every time we heard a good word from somebody.   At this point, I’m probably ranting, but my desire is for the Body of Christ to wake up and rule the financial world like they were meant to, and turn this debt-based world system on its head and into a free economy representative of the kingdom of heaven. 
                My wife and I like to play a fun game we call “sowing against our offense.”  So let’s say we’re at a meeting and a speaker gives an absolutely horrendous word.  He misquotes scripture, he is generally unpleasant, and every five minutes he reminds the audience to make sure and make their checks out to XXX.  Even though this whole thing is terrible and we haven’t felt truly blessed by what the speaker has said, we are still going to write him a fat check.  Why?  It’s not that we necessarily agree with anything he said, that’s not what our $ is sowing into.  Instead, we’re choosing to sow into who that man is as a person.  Since we may not be able to spend a lot of time with the speaker and get to know him on a more personal level, our money is simply an instrument or tool used to communicate how valuable when think that man is.  Another fun way you can sow against your offense is if you’re at a restaurant and your waiter is terrible, I mean absolutely awful, instead of stiffing him or her, leave them a $25, $50 or $100 tip.  Once again, this communicates that the person is valuable apart from their deeds.  It’s funny, the more and more my wife and I adopt this mentality and step into this revelation, the more and more money seems to come and go...and the less we seem to care about it.
                Some fun testimony from the past year.  So I’ve been getting all of our tax documents together, getting our returns ready to file.  In looking at the books, my wife and I have collectively given away more money than we made during 2012.  I’m not quite sure how this is possible,being that we have bills to pay and whatnot, but the math doesn’t lie.  The only thing I can say to that is it must be kingdom logic in action. 
                So the next time you see that dirty man by the over pass holding up a cardboard sign, don’t feel so closed off to his request.  Who cares if he spends the $ you give him on crack or cigarettes or booze?  You’re investing in his life, his being, not his deeds. 
                Let’s rethink and let the eyes of love reform our methods of understanding value.

                You can check out our upcoming events and crusades at ekstasisministries.org.

I love you,

Matt 

No comments:

Post a Comment